Travel Directions for all Moab Area Tours
From Salt Lake City, UT
- Delta, United, Frontier, Southwest, Alaska, Boutique, American, JetBlue all have flights into SLC. You will need to rent a car to get to Moab. It is a 4 hour drive
- Rent a Car in SLC: Drive time is about 4 hours. If renting a car please know that you will want to return it back to Salt Lake City to avoid exorbitant drop off fees. All major rental car companies have a presence at SLC.
From Grand Junction, CO
- United, Delta, Allegiant, US and American Airlines all fly into Grand Junction. You will need to rent a car to get to Moab. It is a 2 hour drive, but it is beautiful. Take Scenic Byway U-128 if driving during daylight hours.
- Enterprise, (970) 242-8103
- Alamo, (970) 243-6626
- Budget, (970) 243-3851
- National, (970) 243-6626
- Dollar, (866) 434-2226
Fly direct to Moab
- Skywest Airlines has daily flights to Moab out of Denver using 50-seat jets. They code-share with United, so you can book via United or any flight booking platform.
- Canyonlands Field (CNY) is 17 miles north of Moab on Hwy 191.
- You can rent a car through Enterprise, (970) 242-8103.
Ground transport options in Moab:
- Moab's Airport Hopper shuttle bus meets each daily flight at the airport. A round-trip pass is $37, one-way is $20. It has a capacity of 21 passengers, so it is advisable to book a reservation if you are flying in, and for pickup in town for a ride back out to the airport, you definitely must book in advance. They will either pick you up at your hotel, or a nearby location. Reservations can be booked online or by phone (435) 522-9154. Family and child pricing is also available.
- Canyonlands Shuttle operates an on-demand, reservations-only based taxi service using Suburans, (bike racks can be available if they know in advance.) A trip between the Moab Airport and town (either direction) is $75 per car for 1 -3 persons, $90 per car for 4- 6 persons. Call 435-210-4757 to book.
- Trail Taxi is a great resource for any ground transportation needs, especially if you're with bike. Book via their website, call or text them at 435.210.0214, or order a ride directly via the Taxi Caller App.
- The local tourism bureau maintains an exhaustive list of all ground transport options in Moab, including off-road jeep rentals.
- Ride Share Services may be available in very limited supply on certain busy weeks, though more often, they are not.
Moab Lodging: our handpicked recommendations
- Red Stone Inn (800) 772-1972: Bike friendly hotel. Bikes can be brought into rooms! Reasonable rates for rooms with kitchenettes, a microwave, and a coffee maker.
- Big Horn Lodge (800) 325-6171: Has new furnishings and is also very bike friendly.
More expensive, the "Best" Hotels
- The Gonzo Inn (800) 791-4044: The best in Moab. Uniquely furnished and bike friendly. Inn has a pool and spa.
- Best Western Canyonlands Inn (800) 649-5191: First rate hotel near center of town.
- Homewood Suites (435) 259-7000: 132 North Main Street.
Resorts or Ranches
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort (877) 359-2715: Luxury accommodations on the Colorado River, 22 miles from Moab.
- Red Cliffs Lodge (866) 812-2002: Located on banks of the Colorado River, 19 miles from Moab. This western style lodge caters to the adventure traveler.
Bed and Breakfast
- Sunflower Hill B&B (800) 662-2786: Moab's finest. Ask for a room in the Garden Cottage. Very private, hot tub, gardens, American and European antiques, and lots of charm.
- Cali Cochitta B&B (435) 259-4961: Quaint home with hot tub, beautiful rooms, antique furnishings, and a superb breakfast chef.
Nightly Condo Rentals/Lodging Resources
- 57 Robbers Roost (435) 210-4774: Center of town, beautiful units with hot tub
- Moab Lodging and Central Reservations (800) 505-5343: Nightly rentals of condos and other properties.
- Center Street Condo (303) 619-1954: Delightful one bedroom condos in the heart of downtown.
- 3 Dogs & A Moose (435) 260-1692: Cottages provide charm, style and comfort both inside and out.
- Up the Creek Campground (435) 260-1888: Beautiful, quiet & shaded walk-in campground with showers near downtown Moab.
- Discovermoab.com, run by the Grand County Travel Council, has the best list of campgrounds in Moab, with a complete breakdown of: