For those who do not want a guide, but need a way to carry their gear
Some General information on Support/Sag trips: Many groups wish to run their own trips but don’t have the means to haul their gear into the backcountry. Rim Tours offers the option where we carry your gear and you can also rent any or all of the camping gear that you might need. Please see below for more details.
- Our service includes a truck and driver for Moab area trips. There are additional costs for renting gear and for travel to tours outside the Moab area. Please contact us for quotes.
- For White Rim trips, you must secure your own camping permit. Contact Canyonlands National Park to do so at 435-259-4351
- You are hiring a driver, not a guide. You should not expect a “guided trip” from your driver or expect them to be with you at all times. You can work out the general day’s plan with your driver so everyone is clear on what is going on and where you will be meeting up together again.
- Because of limited space in the support vehicle, you will have to provide your own transportation to the start of the ride or arrange a shuttle with us.
- We will be supplying an open pickup-up truck with a rack system that can carry up to 4 bikes and has sides to keep your gear contained within the rack and pick-up bed. The sides double as tables which you can use.