How to limit Guest-Facing-Site (GFS) availability on a given day or days
The below discussion concerns only Day Tour bookings. Limits are "soft" limits for guests only, and can be overridden on the backend.
Sold Out: In practice, we are rarely "sold out" -- meaning the situation where we cannot take a single new individual, regardless which trip. If we are, in fact, Sold Out on a given day (usually due to a large school group,) Arctic can cap the total number of guests starting tours on that day (but we will apply it only within the Day Tour business group - it won't affect Multi-day bookings.) To do that:
- Settings (left sidebar)
- Select Business Group to Manage (top)
- Select Day Tours
- Click on Trips (mid way down the list)
- Click the pencil icon (far right) opposite Maximum starts on specified dates. Do not mistakenly choose either of the other two options above. Those will affect all Day Tours across the calendar.
- In the column on the left, enter the date.
- In the column on the right, enter the cap for that day.
- If there is more than one trip already booked on that day, the cap needs to match the total number of guests already booked on all Day Tours combined.
No New: There is no easy way in Arctic to manually put a "No New" cap on a given day -- the situation that we often face, where we've run out of guides or vehicles and we cannot book any new tours but can still fill tours that are already booked.
If the limiting factor is guides, there is a way that involves two steps:
- Lower the Openings cap (default is 13) on each tour that has at least 1 guest booked on that day. The easiest place to do this is from the DT Booked Calendar where you can click the booked trips to go to their View Trip page. On the View Trip page, click Edit, right sidebar. The Openings field is on the General tab, midway down. Lower it to the number already booked, or to the number we can take without adding a second guide.
- Delete all the remaining unbooked trips (see below.)
If the limiting factor is vehicles, simply delete all the unbooked trips (see below.)
To delete all unbooked trips, ask Franklin, Kirstin or Maria. They will use the saved Trips filter DT No New Cleaner.
Clean Empty Procedure (only available to Admin level users)
- Trips (left sidebar)
- Click the tiny arrow on the right of the Filter button
- Click on Saved Filters > DT No New Cleaner
- The default date is 1/1/18, which returns no trips. Set the date by clicking on the Filter button again, but this time, on the left side of it, with the funnel icon . That opens the saved filter and allows you to edit the criteria. You need to edit the date field.
- Click the date picker on the second condition, Trip>>Start Date Time and set the date to match the day in question:
- Click Submit
- Click the orange Clean Empty button. This deletes the empty trips on that date.
If needed, later on, due to a cancellation, we can add trips back to the calendar. Ask Franklin to do this if needed.